Friday 25 April 2014

My Collection: Man of Steel Movie Masters Action Figure Superman

Man of Steel Movie Masters Action Figure Superman

The Man of Steel. I had my eye on this figure for quite sometime. I was a huge fan and really enjoyed the Man of Steel movie. I was highly anticipating the release of this movie and loved the new take on the Man of Steel. I was buying Empire Magazine with the great covers and features for the upcoming movie was massively exciting. Then on the big release day me and my girlfriend to went to see it and it was amazing. It was one of the best movies we had ever seen, and to my delight she suggested going to see it again a week later. Mostly I think, down to the looks and charm of it's leading man, it was good outcome either way.

With the release of this awesome movie saw the release of the Movie Masters Man of Steel adult collectors action figures. 

MOVIE MASTERS With authentic detail, deluxe articulation and supreme quality, the Movie Masters line offers fans the premium collecting experience.  True-to-scale, these figures are expertly crafted to ensue the highest standards for your collection.

I saw the releases online and really wanted the Superman action figure. But I restrained myself and did not buy the figure for about 9 months and then I gave in when I discovered The Wave 2 Superman release in this line included the "Krpytonian Command Key" accessory as a neat little extra. A Superman figure usually wouldn't come with accessories but this was a cool bonus with the figure that I was already a huge fan of, I'm glad I waited. 

I already owned Mattel's Batman figure from The Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters line and was both impressed and pleased with the figure.I held off for a few months but still remained interested in the figure. I got the DVD for Christmas and really wanted something to represent my interest of both movie and comic book interpretations of Superman.

After I made sure that this figure was a re-release of the the Wave 1 figure,  with no changes I decided to add this figure and awesome accessory to my collection. The command key is a die cast metal accessory with a metal chain. I don't wear it but it is suitable for that purpose if you wish. Great replica prop from an innovative and creative aspect of the film. This accessory sealed the deal for me getting this edition of the figure. The wave 2 Superman release also came with the figure stand that came with the previous first Superman figure release. Each of the figures in this line all came with a figure stand with the insignia of the house they belong to. 


I love everything about the film's definition of both the new symbol and the iconic costume.
I admire how the cape is open as if its flowing in the wind and both paying homage to when we first see Superman in his new costume for the first time in the movie. This new suit takes of inspiration of how Superman has been appearing since the New 52 since 2011 primarily the fact that Superman no longer wears the red trunks, which I'm okay with. 
Really happy that I was able to pair it with a another figure.This looks great beside my movie Batman, giving us an visual conception of how Worlds Finest appear next to one another in their movie inspired action figures. 

See you in 2016
Movies has always been my big interest of mine. then becoming a fan of comic book movies and then my interest in comics graphic novels and the collectibles associated with them. Both my Batman and Superman Movie Master figures, these two figures represent the intersection of both of my main interests. 

Bye for now

K

No comments:

Post a Comment