Thursday 15 May 2014

XMI X-mini ME ThumbSize Speaker Review

Hey Guys, 

I love getting little gadgets. I found this mini speaker and thought it was really cool. The main selling point for me was the the small size of this mini speaker and the ability to attach it to a key chain whilst still retaining the good sound of this quality product. The sound quality is great, it's loud and the music is not distorted at my iPod's full volume. The speaker is compatible with any device that features a audio/headphone jack, laptop, tablets, mp3 players iPod, iPhone and more.

Redefining the idea of portable sound at just 4.4mm in height.

When opening the box it is hard to believer this tiny little object is a speaker. It is tiny, but there is a trade off, most portable speakers have the audio line in cable built in to the unit. With this speaker being so small it does not feature the volume control or the audio line. Connect your music device to the speaker through a separate cable that it included and can neatly stored on the cable tidy. USB charger is also on this cable.I like how you can attach it on to a key ring/chain. It clever and creative and I like how the rubber cap can be secured on the bottom of the speaker too, so it all looks neat and tidy. It weights 44g and the loudspeaker has a sound output of1.5W. X-mini is one leading brands in the portable speaker brands. This speaker front features a L.E.D.. This light is bright blue when turned and goes dim when the battery is low. Light turns to red when the unit is charging. At either side of the of the speaker is the power switch and the mini USB port. The metal bar is on the back for attaching the included lanyard or attaching a key chain.

Although I first thought it was inconvenience to have a portable speaker with no audio line built in and stored at the bottom are separate. but its just not feasible to have a speaker this small and be able to store the audio line underneath, the cables are all enclosed together by the cable tidy and it has the USB for charging and audio line on the one place. I some times misplaced my USB charger cable on my previous portable speaker so this is a real convenience having both the cables together with the cable tidy.

iPod Classic and Speaker
I really liked the look and portability of this speaker. It looks like cross between a tiny grenade and a large camera lens. I mostly got it for the size, being able to put in your pocket and even better attach to keys and such. the rubber coating helps protect from scratches and bumps. It's a neat little touch how the rubber cap can also be stored on the bottom of the unit too. Smart too, the rubber cap doesn't hang over the speaker when opened. Its method of design means the cap is not in the way hanging over the sound output.

Comparison with
6 inch figure
The speaker gives 6 hours of playback and takes approx 1.5 hours to charge. The instruction booklet advises you to Initially charge it for 8 hours before you use it.The box includes: a lanyard, instruction booklets, sticker and the cables, mini USB cable tidy to charge and connect audio to this mini speaker.

The X-mini ME Thumbsize Speaker is a great little speaker and I sounds great when I need that extra bit of volume on my laptop and my iPod.  This is a great portable speaker. I really how it can be on my key chain when I'm on the go, simply connect my iPod to the speaker and I get great sound quality. And unlike my previous portable speaker both audio and USB charger on on the one cable so your never without the other. 


The X-mini ME Thumbsize Speaker is available in Black, Blue, Yellow and Pink. And if you want a wireless option you can check out  the Bluetooth enabled X-mini WE Thumbsize Speaker.

This is a great little speaker and I was happy to blog about it. I highly recommend this speaker that I got at my local Argos. And as far as I can tell, it's the only portable speaker out there that's designed to be easily attached onto a key chain for that extra portability.

Enjoy  and Bye for now

K

No comments:

Post a Comment